miercuri, 3 septembrie 2008

WD MyBook Essential Edition


One of the things I bought from Germany is an external hdd.

Now that I arrived home, I got to get it out of the box and use it.

First of all, I already had in head the plan. I plugged it in, drivers were installed automatically, formated it to NTFS, had it organized (this meaning lots of folders, sub-folders, a whole familly of folders) and filed it up.
This thing has 500GB. And I believe it is enough for now. In the future I will probably buy another one and put them next to each other to look very nice. Speaking of looking, the box is very dust and fingerprint magnet. Much like the WD Passport. But it's not crucial because it's for storage not mobility.
Anyway, performance wise it is great. It does not get too hot, the hdd is silent and I sometimes even get 60MB/s writing speeds. Mostly I get around 40.

For me is great. I have on it every movie, tv-show, some music, many photos on it. And it performs very nice. Yes, it does not have, firewire 800, e-sata or ethernet or all of them, but I don't need them. Every now and then when I will remember I'll plug it in and upload some new things. Otherwise, you will find it on my bookshelf.

V

Niciun comentariu: