marți, 23 septembrie 2008

Powersongs

In order to celebrate a small milestone for me I wrote this post. It is the first time I made a 5km run. And I will go beyond it. Take it to the next level. Until then...

This is the list of song that I listen when I run. They help me forget the voice in my head that tells me to stop. Also, a couple of other songs that I listen before or after running.

Before running:
Fatboy Slim - Right here, right now
Audioslave - Shadow of the sun
Bon Jovi - It's my life
Lupe Fiasco - Tilted
Nickelback - How you remind me
The Prodigy - Smack my bitch up
The Prodigy - Wake the fuck up
The Prodigy - Diesel Power

Warming up:
Oakenfold - Ready, steady, go (Remix)
Nina Simone - Sinnerman(Felix Da Housecat's Heavenly House Mix)
Paul Linford and Chris Vienna - The Mann

During running:
Saul Williams - List of demands
Christina Aguilera - Fighter
Danny Elfman - The Little Things *
DJ Tiesto - Adagio for Strings
DMX - X Gonna Give It To Ya
Eminem - Till I Collapse
Faithless - Insomnia
James Newton Howard - Finale *
Kanye West - Stronger
Linkin Park - Bleed It Out *
Nelly- Here come the boom
Nonpoint - In The Air Tonight *
3 Doors Down - Kryptonite *
The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

After running:
Enigma - Return to Innocence
Massice Attack - Teardrop
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
India Arie - Ready for Love

To make everything clear I don't listen all of them.
Those before running are usually played at home, when I start preparing to pump it up.
Those from warming up, I usually listen to only one of them and then go.
Before running I make a list with the songs I would like to listen. Those marked with a star are a must. I cannot run without them! True powersongs! 
V


Un comentariu:

Wabbit spunea...

Here's a powersong from me.Era mai demult o manea,ceva cu "4 nopti si 4 zile".Now that's a good "During running" powersong.Let me see you run dat much,biatch!
Si desigur,cand alergi,ar trebui sa auzi si sunetul acela de la un blow-off valve,when u "change gears" during running.
Some choones are nice.