sâmbătă, 27 septembrie 2008

Another Amazon Order


Exactly on the 12th of September the local postal office notified me that I have received a large package. I new it was from Amazon and the next day my dad went to pick it up because I was too lazy.
Here it is: 



This order though has some history. When I first decided to take these books it was a couple of month ago. Back than I knew I will pe going to Spain and after that to the mountains so it would be pretty hard for me to pick them up when they would have arrived. So, instead I send them to Adrian.

Everything went smooth. Until one day when he went to the postal office to pick it up and he couldn't because the address from his ID card does not match the one from the order. (I send the books to where he lives here in Bucharest, not were he was born) 
Nevermind, after several failed attempts, he managed to get hold of the ID with right address. But, surprise! The order was sent back :|

Then I waited for Amazon to give me a sign that they received the order back and to ask me what happened bla bla. It didn't. Or I didn't wait long enought. It doesn't matter.

Bottom line is that I explained to them the hole situation and in 24h they send a very nice e-mail with their apologies (althought it was not their fault) and they made a new order with the same stuff but to my address.
And the order arrived faster than usually. It was supposed to arrive somewhere around the 20th of September, maybe even 24, but it got here on the 12.

For this, I salute Amazon and their policies. If more companies like this one would exist, the world would be a better place.


V

Niciun comentariu: