duminică, 17 mai 2009

My Logitech G15 keyboard has a small screen. Every now and then I use this screen to grab some information. Mostly, I use the build in application which tells me about the amount of RAM occupied and the same for CPU. (both cores independently). I remember that Everest Ultimate has also a much better plug-in that displays much more information. However, it costs quite a lot for me right now so I just stick to what I have.

Now what really intrigues me is something I have found a couple of time before, mostly by accident. The scenario: Using my computer intensevly, CPU at 100%, RAM anywhere between 70% and 80%. Sometimes, when I exit all applications rapidly, Vista takes "only" 17%. However, there is a small timeframe in which the OS is barely responsive. Afterwards it all goes fine. And also the amount of ram goes back up at 30-35%.

My question would be if those 17% actually mean the amount of memory that Vista consumes all by itself of not. Mind you, I have 4 and not 2GB installed. My first thought will be that, yes, it takes 17% and the rest till, 35-40 is occupied by SuperFetch. But come to think about it, SuperFetch is good when opening different apps more quickly not for moving aroung your OS. So yes, I am confused. And probably this post is the same.

I have a lot going on in my mind right now, so please excuse my 'crowdiness"

V

Niciun comentariu: