luni, 1 iunie 2009

A little something about UAC

A simple scenario which shows why Vista's UAC is sometimes ineffective.

This happened on a laptop with Windows Vista Home Basic. No sp.

I was updating Windows and since there were quite a few things to download and install I started doing something else in the meantime. Accidentaly I believe I pressed the space button which ( I figured later on it activated the button to stop the updating ) presented me with a UAC question. Since then I had no idea what happened I wanted more info. But could not get anything except for a "{->long string here<-}". So, what was I supposed to answer since I did not understand the question?! Fortunately for me there were only two options I could consider. Either an update wanted permission, which was fine with me, either the update would stop which I didn't want but wasn't critical. Therefore I allowed. It stopped the update process and I had to resume everything afterwards.

V

LE. I checked on my SP2 version and get the same long string.

Niciun comentariu: