miercuri, 1 octombrie 2008

Benchmark

Results of two GeForce 7600GT in SLI on Vista x64.




So for a short period of time I will have in my desktop another GPU. My first card is a Gigabyte 7600GT with 256mb and silent pipe (fanless). This one is a Leadtek WinFast 7600GT 256mb. 

Before installing the card i put FRAPS and fired up Crysis Warhead. I can only play it at 1024 with minimum details. Fraps also said I have between 23 and 30 fps.
Good. After this I shut down the pc, installed the second card, powered up, enabled sli in bios. In Windows, it detected my card, approved to install a new one, and enabled sli from nVidia Control Panel. 
Started Fraps and Crysis again. This time it told me I had 25 to 33 fps.
Next, I shut down the computer again and installed the SLi bridge. Again, the same test, same programs running, same map everything. 30-45 fps.

And after all this the next level followed. Kept the same resolution of course, but every setting set to mainstream. Which is better than low. I must say, that although the fps were not impresive, oscilating between 20 and sometimes even 11 it was playable 90% of the time. But it looked like I was playing a totally different game. The most obvious difference was the motion blur! It was so cool. And many more details made the game much better. And with a few settings tweaks I'm sure I could play it decent(aka 25-30fps). Unfortunately today no time. Nor in the closest future.

I could stop at only one game. But did not have the time to install another one.
So I fired up the other one I already had: Audiosurf.
Settings: 1280x1024, premium details and 8x antialising. 
Results: min 28, max 43, avg 35 WITH SLi
               min 28, max 42, avg 30, with sli DISABLED from the nvidia control panel.
I would like to point out that although the numbers are not huge there was sensible diference in audiosurf. My character moved strangely slower than usual and I general played worse than with SLi. Normally I play at the same resolution and details but without antialising.

So there you have it. 
The good: Noticeable difference; in Crysis I pumped the detail levels and in Audiosurf the character moved faster
The bad: If I had to buy a new GPU, of this type, I would be better of buying a brand new single one and get better performance. 

V

ps. sorry for the writting, mistakes everything but I'm in a hurry.

Niciun comentariu: