vineri, 1 august 2008

Notebook problems

Well well. Like it was enough, another problem appears.
I was watching a TV show, when suddenly the screen froze. I thought that the video file was broken or something but no. The image was frozen, the mouse and the sound too. I couldn't do anything. The only option left was a shut down. After powering it on I had the ugly surprise to see that every image was "damaged" and Windows wouldn't boot. After the loading bar, a nice big clear black screen appears and it just stays. What's worse is that even the start-up image, with the dell logo is damaged. At first I thought that maybe something happened to my video card but the fact that EVERY image is compromised made me believe it probably has something to do with the monitor. I tried everything I could in BIOS but nothing. I boot-up up windows in safe mode and it works. Actually, I am writing this from safe mode with networking. And I have a big headache because of the screen resolution.

Therefore, I have to get back to Bucharest and send this computer to repair. I will do a back-up just to be safe but I don't think that my data is in danger.

All in all, it really sucks that this happened.
V

Niciun comentariu: