miercuri, 27 august 2008

Why?

do we, the human species, deserve to live?

I have been asking this question for a while now and since then I've been seeking answers. It is not that I might have some sort of suicidal thoughts. Nor do I want to kill everybody. Who am I to decide whether another human being deserves to live or not, to be punished or not.
If one is seeking answers in a case-by-case situation then one will never find it.

The really question is why these ignorant, selfish, brutal creatures called people deserve to live?
Look the way we are born. We are born free, innocent, with no sins whatsoever. How do we end our lives? Filled with regrets, hatred, sins. People killing in cold blood other people, people effectively, actively and deliberately destroying our very own planet we live on and most importantly, we end up as people who don't give a frack about anything else BUT themselves.
We never think about consequences, how we destroy forests to have furniture, how we kill animals to have nice fur or leather clothing, how we use up each and every resource this planet has in order to provide for ourselves everything we need to be comfortable, to say the least. For us, destroying or consuming is very easy. Creating is something else.

In fact, the very own topic of this post, this fundamental question reflects nothing but selfishness.

I am sure that this subject was evaluated many times before. And I could go on and on to say why we don't deserve. So I will put a stop to this and look and why we should.
Same ideas were also mentioned or brought into attention in different movies. The ones that I recall right now belong to a certain category: science-fiction. The first would be 'The fifth element'. The second would be a tv-show called 'Battlestar Galactica'. Each of them taunts with this idea more or less. Certainly there are more of these type but all of them will reach the same conclusion. Either because it is the absolute truth or because none of the scrip-writers had a better imagination is up to anybody to decide.

The answer? L O V E.

So simple, right? Well I'm saying.. WRONG. The answer is relatively correct, but is not so simple. At least not in these days.
Love is probably the only feeling that human beings began to experience it but never fully understand why, when and most of all how it occurs. Different answers have been given. Some might sound correct, others not. But it's not a subject of right or wrong here, I believe. Probably a reason why we cannot explain it is the fact the is unique. It manifest differently.

Ever since I had this chance of thinking out of the box completely I thought about this. Sure, if you stay all day in bed and watch ProTv news you would surely say that everybody kills everybody and we all deserve to die.
But, if you go out on the street, out of the country and doing more than just standing in a hotel and going to the beach you will understand more. My staying here in Hamburg opened my eyes even more. I've been taught valuable lessons that I will never forget and always apreciate. But this is another story.

Bottom line:
Do we deserve?
Yes we do!
Why?
That is up for you to decide. Just remember, that anybody deserves a second chance!

V

Niciun comentariu: