marți, 22 iulie 2008

Lots of data

Now this is one news that caught my attention easily and I think it's worth putting it here.
Here it goes:
"Microsoft added 22TB of imagery to Virtual Earth in April, 69.2TB in May, and 20TB in June, meaning that July's release is the smallest in recent months. This month the company has uploaded only 14.3TB of imagery to its mapping platform. [...] To check out the changes, head over to maps.live.com, choose 3D, and install the latest Virtual Earth 3D (Beta) software. "

Now that is what I call a "huge amount of data".
V

Un comentariu:

galani spunea...

the thing I have noticed on the maps application from Microsoft is that it is the only one (out of Yahoo Maps and Google Earth) which shows a detailed map of Bucharest (through this I mean street names, key places, etc.). I think that's maybe because of the fact that there are so many romanians working there :)
I find this an extreme plus since I live here and I always need addresses.. I hate the fact that every other capital from the EU and I mean even Sofia (not that Sofia is in any way worse or better than Bucharest, but it adhered to the EU on the same date as we did :) ) has a detailed map on Google Earth.