vineri, 14 decembrie 2007

Gaming Headset

I was interested in buying a pair of gaming headset for my pc as a cheaper alternative to some other gifts I had in mind. Not knowing much about them, I looked up companies that produce them and I found a few: Razer, Zalman, Plantronics etc.
As always, models I liked and were described as good in different reviews were prohibitively expensive.
After a sort of, 'let it go and find something else' I turned my attention to Unreal Tournament 3 and the new patch that fixed quite a few things I wanted. Therefore, 'let the Campaign begin'. However, being a little bit too late to start up my 2.1 audio system I had to put a headset on. Since I have a brand new wireless headphones for my iPod, and an extension cord I told myself to give it a try. Plugged the transmitter, started the 'receiver' aka headphones and I was ready to go. To my surprise, the sound quality was pretty good. Incomparable to that of a professional gaming set but still, better then standard headphones.
So, I said: since I don't have enough money to buy a very good set to match my preferences and start looking for a budget solution and and up with another set with similar performances as my Logitech FreePulse.... KEEP THE MONEY and buy something else. It's the wise thing to do. The only downside it that the FreePulse runs out of batteries in five or six hours. If you look on the bright side, this would give me a chance to rest my eyes and wrist.

Niciun comentariu: