marți, 8 aprilie 2008

Upgrade

It was time for an upgrade for my PC. This time though, no internal component changes. I choose to buy a new wireless router. The first problems I encountered were with the signal. For no reason at all, it stopped transmitting data. Moreover, it security protocols were very old and it had a nasty habit to loose every configuration made.
Also, after discovering that my computer were actually connected, network-wise, I made a simple test. Using the notebook, I tried making a live streaming of an HD movie. It didn't work - it stopped every 2-3 seconds. Practically, you couldn't see the movie.
I said, maybe it's normal so let me try a SD movie. For my surprise...although it ran better the sound kept interrupting and the image also from time to time. This was the last drop.
So, I got a new one. After installing it(physically) I started the setup. First was the PC. No problems. Then the notebook. No problem. The first test was with th SD movie. Again, no problems. A big smile on my face. (I hadn't had a change to test an HD at this time, sorry). The next and final step was the internet.
Here I had some problems, not because of the faulty router of anything but the internet provider. I called them to inform of the recent hardware change, they asked for my modem MAC but the guy said that his computer shows only the TV service offered here, not the internet one. Until everything is sorted out, I have to stay with the old one so final impressions are still to be made.

L.E: Happy! Today the provider gave me a go and now the internet is running on this new piece of hardware.
Plus, i tested streaming from network an HD movie and worked like a charm this time, unlike when I had the old router. Very glad for my purchase.

Niciun comentariu: